Idaho News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
An Idaho Statesman review of Treasure Valley plans from recent decades reveals that five common pitfalls often keep plans from succeeding: a lack of money to make them work; no mechanism for enforcement of recommendations; changes in leadership and visions; incorrect or bad data; and vague or unrealistic goals.
The annual confab between chamber members from the five northern counties, legislators and representatives from education drew about 50 to share their goals for the 2006 session of the Idaho Legislature.
Montana timber tycoon developer (The Yellowstone Club) Tim Blixseth, now owns chunk of Idaho – Round Valley neighbors unhappy with clearcutting
Tim Blixseth, the new owner of 180,000 acres of Idaho timberland, says he wants to be a good neighbor.
Monday’s event was meant to encourage the powerful to incorporate compassion into how they conduct their business and public lives.
“We’ve always benefited from a great workforce, excellent health care, a reasonable cost of living, a very welcoming population and a strong business tradition,” Oppenheimer said. “We also have a legacy of strong public and private cooperation. I believe those factors will continue to propel our future growth while preserving our many advantages.”
Making sure there’s never a dull moment in the Kootenai County business community, the Northwest Women in Business, Northwest Women in Real Estate and Northwest Men in Business networking groups are coming together to hold a business and trade fair similar to, but smaller than, the spring event held by the Coeur d’Alene Area Chamber of Commerce.
The goal is to replace jobs that were lost when area businesses like Zilog, Jabil Circuits, Simplot Meat Packing and Eddy’s Bakery closed their local operations in recent years.
In this issue: # Grossenbacher Leads Governor’s Science & Technology Advisory Council # North Wind Awarded $30 Million Navy Contract # ISU Forms Biomedical Research Institute # Howe Named Director of Center for Space Nuclear…
Newcomer tackles Idaho tourism – moved from one of the most famous resort cities in the world to take on tourism marketing for one of the fastest-growing in the country.
In October he made his first visit to Coeur d’Alene and decided this was where he wanted to live. That week, he bought a home here for himself, his wife, and two kids.
"I wanted to get back to a mountain community," Robitaille said. "I saw what was happening here and secured a house."
The administration of Gov. Dirk Kempthorne said it will endorse the government’s plan to consolidate U.S. production of plutonium-238 "space batteries" at the 890-square-mile complex outside of Idaho Falls.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts