Government News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The report includes a state-by-state ranking http://www.publicintegrity.org/oi/db.aspx?act=com of how common the practice is for lawmakers to serve on legislative panels that have oversight of personal interests.
States from California to New England are leading the charge to cut toxic emissions of greenhouse gases from power plants, autos, and new building construction, undeterred by federal foot-dragging on the issue.
Govt. financing needs to abandon rigid top-down bureaucratic control, "steer rather than row," and delegate major authority to their operating divisions, then focus on results.
Instead of starting with the last year’s budget and figuring how to cut 10 percent to 15 percent from agencies’ requests, Locke’s team identified the 10 key results it thought citizens most wanted from state government (improved student achievement, improved food sanitation, better health results, for example).
"People are very negative toward their politicians now, and part of that is the result of part-time legislators getting caught,"
For Freudenthal, it’s a matter of keeping it all in perspective. He knows that governing is not a perfect science and the philosophy of his administration is: Try to do the right thing.
No raises for state employees for two straight years is prompting many to move to other jobs despite a difficult employment market, Idaho Division of Human Resources Director Ann Heilman warns.
Currently, government agencies have hodge – podge methods of providing citizens a way to file a complaint, ranging from no formal process at all, or just taking notes over the phone, to perhaps a procedure that nobody in the agency even understands. Talk to your friends and neighbors. Then tell your elected representatives to look closely and enact the right changes so that our government will operate the way it should.
Bozeman City Manager Clark Johnson will resign his position and move to Washington, D.C., to become chief of staff for Sen. Conrad Burns, R-Mont. the two of them announced Friday. By SCOTT McMILLION Chronicle Staff…
"Our goal is to use technology to make state government services more efficient and accessible," said Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt. "This award shows we’re making real progress in our efforts to move more government services online instead of in line."
Toolkit Offers Innovative IT Approaches For Delivering State Services -Medicaid, education, and homeland security
The National Governors’ Association (NGA) has created a toolkit to identify innovative approaches for delivering governments services through the use of information technology in three key policy areas: Medicaid, education, and homeland security. The toolkit—Policy…
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts