"Marketing a business can be expensive, and many small businesses depend on referrals and networking for new customers," Kernan said. "The Buy Indiana Web site is a new way for Indiana companies to market themselves to each other and to state government agencies."
States from California to New England are leading the charge to cut toxic emissions of greenhouse gases from power plants, autos, and new building construction, undeterred by federal foot-dragging on the issue.
Windom will offer digital cable, telephone service and high-speed Internet, carried over a fiber-optic network, to residential and business customers. Residents will also be able to access a single online billing statement for communications, electricity, water and sewer services, saving the city thousands of dollars in processing costs.
Govt. financing needs to abandon rigid top-down bureaucratic control, "steer rather than row," and delegate major authority to their operating divisions, then focus on results.
Instead of starting with the last year’s budget and figuring how to cut 10 percent to 15 percent from agencies’ requests, Locke’s team identified the 10 key results it thought citizens most wanted from state government (improved student achievement, improved food sanitation, better health results, for example).
The state has developed a new Web site to help its employees get business travel deals in response to a legislative audit that concluded agencies were spending too much money, officials said Tuesday.
A new public opinion pilot is being implemented by Louisiana Senator Mike Michot, chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Consumer Affairs and Technology. The "Share Your Opinions" program allows citizens to log on to…
Fast Enterprises of Boise has already put Montana’s rental vehicle, accommodations, and cigarette taxes into the new GenTax system. The cigarette tax was finished at the end of March, one month earlier than originally scheduled.
Oregon Helps http://www.oregonhelps.org/ — a multilingual Web-based tool from the Multnomah County, Oregon, Commission on Children, Families and Community — won first prize for e-government applications in the Stockholm Challenge Awards http://www.challenge.stockholm.se/ in Sweden earlier…
"When people talk about e-government, they tend to think about ways to improve the way we interact with citizens. But there are tremendous opportunities to improve the way different agencies and levels of government work with each other,"
In two years, the Web site has produced a 99 percent reduction in turnaround time, labor and overall costs associated with the site selection analysis process with $5.8 million in total savings.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts