Developing an Angel Network in Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The world is becoming increasingly friendly to technology and entrepreneurship. If Montanans don’t push to bring innovation here, it’ll go somewhere else.
They asked the angels 40 quantitative questions and four qualitative ones then conducted empirical tests to ensure the quality of the results.
"Our real goal is to be able to invest in more Montana-based technology companies over time" said LaPointe, "and we’re constantly looking for the local entrepreneurs with great business concepts that are beyond the initial idea stage.
IRS section 1202 allows taxpayers, other than corporations, 50 percent to 100 percent exclusion of gain from the sale or exchange of a defined qualified small business stock (QSB) held for more than five years.
"Now everybody and their family and their pets who have some money want to get into angel investing."
Internationally known Angel investor and part-time Montana resident Bill Payne http://www.billpayne.com points out that "90% of the seed and startup capital for entrepreneurs in the U.S. (after friends and family money has been exhausted) comes from angel investors, who are willing to invest time and money in new company formation and growth.
With the rich getting richer, many more entrepreneurs are turning to affluent individuals, known as "angels," for capital to expand their nascent businesses.
The Boise Angel Alliance is modifying its business processes to match this change in strategy. Here’s how the new model will work.
If changes proposed by "investor protection" organizations are enacted by the SEC, nearly 60 percent of angel investors would be eliminated.
One of the fund’s objectives is to create wealth in Montana for Montanans and keep it here. Frontier Fund II aspires to be a knowledgeable, sophisticated and effective source of early stage capital for Montana and the region.
- Come Home Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- Montana Department of Commerce
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts