2018 Montana Politics
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
With roughly five months before lawmakers meet in Helena, Bozeman leaders are once again building arguments to sway legislators to let Montana cities create a sales tax to collect money from out-of-state visitors.
Republican Rep. Adam Hertz of Missoula said there are widespread issues of abuse in TIF districts statewide and the districts are "at this point, a disaster."
Campaign records show Republican U.S. Senate candidate Matt Rosendale used excess donations from deep-pocketed GOP donors this spring to pay himself back for personal loans from his failed 2014 congressional run.
Helena District Court Judge James Reynolds on Monday signed an order directing the Secretary of State to take the Montana Green Party off the ballot after he invalidated signatures gathered through a petition process.
I ask that you join me in voicing to your legislators your opposition to Republicans’ attempt to waste Montanans’ taxpayer dollars to drown out the voices of Montanans.
More than one-third of rural residents in 21 states still don’t have access to fast downloads, inhibiting economic development in sparsely populated areas, according to FCC data cited in the report.
Expanding the district means the bottling plant will not be able to operate on the land it is slated for.
To run state campuses, the spending plans total more than $524 million and $528 million in fiscal years 2020 and 2021. Nearly 60 percent of the money comes from students, and 41 percent from the state.
Montana is at or near the bottom in the nation when it comes to support based on need. Montana Commissioner of Higher Education Clayton Christian
Gender equity advocates are excited about the prospect of a record number of women running for office. But Erin Vilardi, founder of VoteRunLead, says running isn’t good enough.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts