2018 Montana Politics
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Wilderness Study Areas, Health Care, Trump Tax Cut etc. discussions by both candidates.
Altria, the parent company of Philip Morris USA, has funneled more than $12 million to a committee organized to oppose the measure
MTN News and Yellowstone Public Radio hosted a debate between the three candidates who are vying for Montana’s seat in the U.S. House of Representatives..
Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) debated his Republican challenger, Matt Rosendale, at the Montana PBS Missoula Studio.
Yes or No on I-186: 20 years after cyanide ban, will voters approve another measure strengthening mining regulations?
Similar laws have been passed in three states: Maine, Michigan and New Mexico.
"If I-185 fails to pass the ballot initiative we’re going to be in for a tough (2019 legislative) session," Bullock said. "If you thought cuts from last special session were difficult I think you should brace, unfortunately, for even more."
With less than two months until the November election, the group opposing a ballot initiative that would increase the tax on tobacco products to pay for Medicaid expansion dramatically revved up its campaign contributions and spending.
Jeffrey Mangan, the state Commissioner of Political Practices, found the parent company of Philip Morris USA and RJ Reynolds Tobacco violated state laws as part of their $9 million campaign against I-185, a state ballot initiative opposed by Big Tobacco.
Montana State University and the Montana Television Network partner to conduct state-wide poll in September
"We wanted to do a poll by Montanans, for Montanans," said MTN President Jon Saunders. "We see this as an important public service to the state and are looking forward to sharing the results with the citizens of Montanan."
Public lands are Montana’s latest wedge issue. What’s behind the rhetoric, and how is it shaping the debate?
The prospect of widespread WSA releases in Montana is the latest issue driving the public lands debate in the state.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts