Kenosha, Wis., Mayor John Antaramain has a message for Butte: Play to your strengths, build consensus, work together and don’t be shy in asking for state and federal dollars. By Gerard O’Brien of The Montana...
There’s the old saying about walking a mile in someone else’s shoes. Today, about 30 educators will bring members of the business community into their world, and then trade places for the other half of...
Gov. Judy Martz on Monday proposed cutting state income taxes by 10 percent or $66 million annually, while imposing a sales tax on tourist items, possibly including restaurant meals and alcoholic beverages, on both Montana...
Last week I wrote about how managers who are excluded from decision making that affects their work can try to get included and make their views known to senior executives. But what should they do...
Technology show-and-tell sessions have joined teaching and research as staples of academic life. By Jon Van Chicago Tribune staff reporter As universities have gotten into the business of starting new companies, more campuses are initiating...
e-commerce hasn’t died. It’s just gone underground. At a time when acres of glassed-in offices hold the ghosts of failed dot-coms, one of New England’s more successful online businesses operates from the musty basement of...
A common misconception that many business organizations have is the "someday" mindset: Someday, somehow, someone will come along and sprinkle magic dust on employees, transforming them into the leaders of tomorrow. By JIM SWEENEY Seattle...
Great Falls native Dr. Irving Weissman will be crowned the 44th California Scientist of the Year next month. By RICHARD ECKE Tribune Staff Writer Weissman, a Stanford University professor and medical doctor, will receive the...
Space cassettes If everything goes as planned, Elinor Pulcini, two other MSU researchers and three or four undergraduates will head for the Kennedy Space Center in July. They will load bacteria into 16 cassettes designed...
Boise Cascade continues to refine business mission to wean itself from the endless cycles of boom and bust.
The word Cascade isn´t the only thing removed from Boise Cascade´s new logo. The fir tree is gone, too. That missing tree seems to symbolize the Boise company´s efforts to start weaning itself from the...
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Come Home Montana
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts