Honey wine, or mead, is growing in popularity and being produced in the Bitterroot Mountains I’m prized by men, in the meadows I’m found, Gathered on hillsides, and hunted in groves; From dale and from...
Economic development and job creation are top priorities for the Martz administration. A competitive business environment, including tax rates, is critical to creating, retaining and recruiting responsible businesses that provide good paying jobs. By DAVE...
Steve Running is no stranger to playing the waiting game when it comes to satellite launches. The University of Montana’s nationally renowned rocket scientist spent the better part of the ’90s waiting for NASA’s $1.3...
In some ways, Sky Dayton hasn’t traveled far from his days back in 1993, when he was scrounging for $1,000 to start up what is now one of the largest Internet-service providers in the U.S....
Decision due in July on new location for knife maker’s 300-person plant By Addy Hatch OF THE JOURNAL OF BUSINESS Buck Knives Inc., a renowned maker of hunting and utility knives, is considering moving its...
Advanced Silicon Materials Inc. will move its corporate offices from Moses Lake, Wash., to Butte, it was announced this week. By The Standard Staff The move means 20 to 25 more jobs at the Butte...
Montana Tech students will use fish bones, wood bridges and chemistry to defend their title and the school’s reputation at a national design competition. By Barbara LaBoe, of The Montana Standard Fourteen students will leave...
One of the biggest obstacles many communities and states face to building tech-based economies is convincing traditional businesses, institutions and the general population to embrace change, technological advance, and innovation. A common element of many...
DENVER — Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt joined his counterparts Thursday to rethink economic development strategies for success in the 21st century. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Some of their ideas include coordinating jobs and education, developing science...
Alarmed about the future of education in Montana, a new coalition of largely education groups has formed to raise public awareness of funding problems. By PETER JOHNSON Tribune Staff Writer "Stand Up for Education" is...
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Come Home Montana
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts