The Executive Director provides critical leadership to this non-profit Corporation’s purpose and
mission. (https://lakecountycdc.org). Lake County Community Development (LCCDC) is located in
Northwest Montana and has been in existence since 1995.
It is a multi-faceted, non-profit,
community development organization located in northwest Montana with four major program areas
including: business development; cooperative development; community facilities; and food and
agriculture development (including a food processing manufacturing center); each operating under a
Center Director. Additionally, we are a Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI) serving as
the lead partner in a regional collaboration of three Western Montana Counties and the Flathead
Indian Reservation. The Executive Director is responsible for continued strengthening and ongoing
maintenance of our many local, regional, state and federal relationships critical to the
Organization’s funding strategies, as well as forging new ones complimentary to our mission.
Executive Director also oversees the implementation of both the Corporate Strategic Plan (currently
under final revision) and the Regional Strategic Plan as adopted in 2018).
Programs are currently staffed by 13 full-time persons. The Executive Director oversees the Center
Directors and administrative operations, assuring all function within established policies and
procedures and applicable terms and conditions as set by funding agencies. He or she must be
familiar with grant processing (writing and administration); understanding related state and
federal funding mechanisms; and provide leadership to communication strategies and fundraising
efforts. He or She may directly manage programs serving Organization-wide interests and not
directly related to specific Centers.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
1. Passion for Community and Community Development, which is the basis for Organization’s
2. Rural Economies: has an understanding of rural communities; how they function and what they
3. Financial Acumen: understanding finances and budgets, including both for-profit and non-
profit accounting functions
4. Team Builder and Relationship Builder: knows how to both guide a boat with a solid crew; and
to develop and maintain relationships with the Board of Directors; community and government
leaders, donors, partners, etc.
5. Excellent Communicator and Collaborator: knows how to actively receive input and listen to
other viewpoints, demonstrating conflict management and consensus-building skills.
6. Multicultural Outlook: embraces a multi-cultural environment
7. Strategic Thinker: the ability to think strategically; but implement tactically and tactfully
8. Forward Looking: has the capacity to learn and assess opportunities, both programmatically and
in developing financing resources
9. Leadership: exhibits the abilities to work with a very strong, experienced senior staff, but
is able to lead through a generational transition – preparing for key retirements and creating a
workplace that will attract/retain the next generation.
LAKE COUNTY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
407 Main Street, Ronan, Montana
Title: Executive Director/Page 2
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
2. STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
3. INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
4. BUILDING/MAINTAINING PARTNERSHIPS
5. LEADING FUND RAISING EFFORTS
• Reports Directly to the President of the Board of Directors.
• Liaison between the Board of Directors, Staff and External Entities
• Directly Supervises Center Directors and Administrative Staff
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• College Degree; Advanced Degree in Business, Economics or Other Related Field Preferred
• Five years’ experience managing an enterprise in a decision-making capacity, includes financial
oversight, budget preparation, staff supervision (including hiring/firing); and successful
operation within a defined budget. Experience/understanding of non-profit fund accounting highly
• Understanding and use of financial and data management programs (Quickbooks accounting software
• Program Management in related community and/or economic development non-profit or related
governmental agency and demonstrated direct grant writing and grant management experience preferred
• Experience working in or with rural communities and multi-cultural environments
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. Vision abilities include close vision,
distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have a valid driver’s license, may
be required to climb stairs and be flexible enough to work in changing environments or respond to
changing needs of the organization. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Starting Salary: DOE
Benefit Package: Full Health Insurance Coverage for employee, 3 weeks Paid
Off per year, 1 week Sick Leave per year, 10 Paid Holidays per Year and Simple IRA with 3% match
Effective Date: July 15, 2019
Lake County Community Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Title: Executive Director/Page 3
This Position is open to be filled immediately. It is currently operated under an Interim Executive
Director who will provide training and mentorship for a period after hiring as needed.
Please review the job description and apply by providing a cover letter, resume, and three
professional references. The cover letter should briefly describe your interest in LCCDC and your
qualifications. Initial interviews may be held by phone or Skype, unless local, with any 2nd
interviews with selected candidates to be held on-site.
Email your application to [email protected] with “Executive Director” in the subject
line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may also be sent by
mail to 407 Main Street, SW; Ronan, MT 59864
How To Apply
Email your application to [email protected] with “Executive Director” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may also be sent by mail to 407 Main Street, SW; Ronan, MT 59864