Montana Career Opportunity – Executive Director – Carol’s List
Date Posted: May 8, 2019
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Along with my Mom, I am honored to serve on the Board of Carol’s List – where we recruit, train and elect progressive pro-choice women to the State Legislature. Thanks to talented + hard working candidates, and the relentless support of Carol’s List, women now hold the majority of the Democratic caucus in both the House and Senate. That didn’t happen by accident, it’s a result of a smart strategy and back breaking hard work to ….. and we are ready to do it again. Now, we are seeking a leader to serve as our Executive Director. Location (in Montana) is open so folks across Big Sky Country are encouraged to apply. Job description below.
We would be very grateful if you would have a think about someone you know who would be a good fit and encourage them to apply. Feel free to share across your social and email networks as well. We hope to make a decision in June and bring on the new ED this summer.
We always find that the best candidates come from our networks and friends.
Grateful for any ideas and thanks for all you do.
Founder + CEO http://www.williamsworks.com
Job Opening Announcement
Carol’s List is a Political Action Committee that recruits, trains, elects and supports Democratic, progressive and pro-choice women in their path to political office in Montana.
Carol’s List is seeking an executive director to manage all aspects of the organization.
- Support the smooth functioning of a board of directors
- Develop a budget, and raise resources to meet the budget
- Develop a robust major donor campaign
- Maintain a database and conduct regular donor contact
- Organize and oversee fundraising events and activities
- Update and engage an online fundraising platform
- Undertake strategic planning to build a stable organization
- Build capacity for program activities that further our goal of recruiting and supporting progressive Democratic women candidates
- Strategize for and develop an early recruitment/education program for progressive Democratic women candidates
- Develop and implement a written monthly work plan with measurable goals and report to the executive committee.
- Manage an integrated social media and online presence
- Maintain contact with partner organizations that support Carol’s List
- Supervise interns and staff as positions are approved by board
Education, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and social media skills
- Proven ability to:
- manage the working relationship with a Board, making course corrections as necessary
- anticipate needs and bring together the appropriate people and resources to make things happen
- work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- prioritize competing assignments and complete them with precision and speed
- bring creativity, tenacity and good judgment to the role
- maintain a professional, gracious demeanor even under pressure
- work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Energized by on-call nature of role, available nights/weekends as needed
- Ability to work to work flexible hours a week, that may exceed 40 some weeks
- Absolute integrity and discretion
How To Apply
- To indicate your interest, send an email to Carol’s List hiring committee at [email protected] including:
- A resume not longer than two pages and a list of three references who can speak to the quality of your work
- In 800 words or less, describe your interest in the position and your vision for the work. Highlight your fundraising experience. Indicate when you are available to begin, where you would like to live, and an acceptable compensation range.
- Position is open until filled. The board will next review applications May 29 and plan to interview qualified candidates early in June.
- Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email within one week. You will be informed of the future schedule and the deliberations of the hiring committee.
Learn more about us visit http://www.carolslistmt.org
How To Apply