Montana Career Opportunity – Executive Director – Anaconda Local Development Corporation
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2019
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Executive Director: Anaconda Local Development Corporation, Anaconda, MT
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve the economic strength within Anaconda-Deer Lodge County through management of the Anaconda Local Development Corporation (ALDC). Major functions include management of ALDC; assisting, strengthening and retaining local business; job creation; recruitment of new businesses; communication and collaboration with local and state government and agencies, federal agencies, and other regional economic development agencies; provide support and advice to various public and private sector organizations; unify and simplify the economic development efforts within the county; and improve the public’s awareness of the importance of economic development activities.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
The Executive Director receives general direction from the ALDC Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides direct supervision to administrative staff or interns, and work instruction to volunteers on a project basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. The position description is subject to change by the ALDC Board as the needs of the community and requirements of the position change.
- Management of ALDC, ALDC property and resources, and overall programs established and/or sponsored by ALDC. This includes management of and securing sustainable funding for the Community Service Center.
- Develop and oversee budgets in line with the resources and needs of the corporation.
- Manage existing capital resources and develop new capital resources, revenue streams.
- Develop and recommend appropriate economic and community development strategies and programs.
- Review and provide input on positions and policies related to the underlying strength of the local economy.
- Develop Anaconda-positive marketing materials and stances, as well as maintain the Corporation’s website with comprehensive information and resources.
- Keep current with and review potential impacts of legislative proposals and programs and their potential effect on economic development in Anaconda-Deer Lodge County.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences and seminars on economic development; serve as an advocate for businesses within the Anaconda-Deer Lodge County area.
- Serve on Montana Economic Developers Association (MEDA) Board.
- Coordinate with Headwaters RC&D
- Design, develop, and implement business recruitment, retention, and expansion programs
- Provide technical assistance to local businesses and entrepreneurs
- Assist in the attraction and relocation of businesses and individuals to the Anaconda area
- Assists businesses by facilitating and securing applications, loans, permits, etc. with local, state, regional agencies.
- Prepare summaries on projects/issues related to economic development and make presentations to a variety of public and private organizations, business and community organizations, and other stakeholders regarding these issues.
- Inform, educate, and serve as conduit with the public on development activities and efforts in the community and help build public consensus on Corporation strategies/programs
- Serve as a liaison, communicate, and maintain a cohesive relationship by enhancing positive public relations with the public, media, employers, business community, and governments. Will also communicate and meet with local officials on a regular basis in an effort to represent Anaconda-Deer Lodge County’s economic development interests.
- Write, review, submit grants to support the Corporation and Community projects/needs
- Facilitate Anaconda utilization of Brownfields
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated local knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrated ability to network across various fields and organizations
- Command of principles and practices of economic development and business recruitment, retention and expansion.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local programs and opportunities to cooperatively develop and enhance the economic strength of the area.
- Knowledge of planning and community development issues and practices related to economic and job development.
- Mastery of techniques for effectively representing the Corporation in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups and various business, professional, regulatory and legislative organizations.
- Mastery of techniques for providing a high level of customer service in person and over the telephone.
- Command of basic program management, budgeting and supervisory techniques.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates must have any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Professional experience in business or public administration, economic development, community development, marketing, finance or related field is preferred. Must have considerable knowledge of business development, community, and economic development. Must have or be able to gain a working knowledge of local zoning and infrastructure.
Membership in an economic development related professional organization and designation as or demonstrated ability to become Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00/year DOE
Probationary Period: 6 months
- Sick Leave: 1 day/month
- Vacation: 5 days (increases after 1st year)
- Holidays: 10 days
- Health: Health Insurance Plan
Health Saving Account
- Misc.: Leave: Court, Without Pay, Compensatory time;
Incentive, performance bonuses possible – at discretion of Board
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please respond by 5:00pm on March 18, 2019 by sending your resume and letter of interest to: