Montana Career Opportunity – Director of Finance and Administration – Park County Community Foundation
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Position title: Director of Finance and Administration
Full-time: 40 hours per week, exempt. Competitive pay and benefits package. Salary commensurate
Function: Manage day-to-day finance/accounting functions and office management of the Foundation
with support from the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Overview: This is a full-time position working in support of and in coordination with the Community
Foundation’s Executive Director. The primary duties are: working directly with the Executive Director in
managing Foundation accounting and business records; liaison with Fiscal Sponsorships, Donor Advised
Funds, and other entities; supporting and helping organize the work of the Executive Director and the
volunteer members of Community Foundation Board of Directors.
Reports to: Executive Director
A. Financial management:
1. Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance/Accounting functions of the Foundation, with
assistance from the Foundation’s external CPA and the Foundation’s Finance Committee.
2. Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and the preparation of all
financial reporting; completes month-end and YTD reconciliations and allocations.
3. Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and longterm
strategic financial objectives.
a. Advises the executive director on long-term business and financial planning
b. Provide recommendations to enhance financial performance and business
4. Establishes and develops relations with board members, external partners, stakeholders and
5. Ensures effective internal controls are in place and in compliance with regulatory laws and
rules for financial and tax reporting.
B. Account management: Responsible for handling transactions which include deposits and check
preparation, record-keeping involving receipts and processing for payment of all invoices.
Coordination of all payroll and benefits payments, prepares materials serving as tax-exempt
donation receipts and acknowledgment letters. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and
QuickBooks is required.
C. Database management: Responsible for management and upkeep of database; performs timely
and accurate input and management of information and transactions in database. Maintains
Foundation mailing list and email directory. Manages calendar to advise donors of pending
pledges, prepares reports as needed. Advises Donor Advised Fund holders of their balances and
YTD pledges on a quarterly basis.
D. Fundraising and Development Support: Work directly with Executive Director to support and
help execute annual fundraising plan.
a. Develop data on individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
b. Coordinate the production of a range of materials for donor solicitation, including
background materials and collateral to leave with funders.
c. Assist in drafting proposals and funder reports.
d. Assist with planning and executing special fundraising events and other organizationwide
E. Office coordinator responsibilities:
6. Analyze and organize office operations and procedures to increase efficiency and
7. Responsible for office management including, but not limited to:
a. Receive or greet any visitors, or clients and answer telephone calls, in conjunction
with Program Manager and Executive Director.
b. Manage all office supply inventory
c. Coordinate mail services including shipping and receiving, assist with mass mailings
and specialized mail merges
d. Organize and file hard-copy and electronic materials
8. Support meetings of Board of Directors and subcommittees by scheduling venue, preparing
and providing necessary reports and materials, attending and taking Board and committee
Skills and qualifications
• Passion for supporting the work of the Foundation and Park County’s nonprofit sector
• Preferred minimum of three years’ experience in finance and/or accounting experience, with
significant experience in and knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects at once, with a
high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to use independent judgment and personal
• Ability to set priorities, define tasks, schedule and coordinate activities and functions; develop
procedures and complete assignments, and maintain cooperative relationships with those
contacted in the course of work assignments.
• Ability to discretely handle and process sensitive matters and information, protecting
confidentiality of closely held information, Foundation data, and donor and customer
• Demonstrated competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent communications skills with demonstrated success working in an effective team
• Ability to work occasional night and weekend hours.
• A minimum of a BS in Finance and/or Accounting is highly desirable.