Montana Career Opportunity – Community Economic Development Director – Mission West Community Development Partners (MWCDP)
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2021
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Community Economic Development Director
Mission West Community Development Partners (MWCDP)
Located in beautiful northwest Montana, Mission West Community Development Partners (MWCDP) seeks a committed and creative leader to join our rapidly growing community focused economic development organization. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for every resident of the 3-county region we serve. For the past 26 years, we have successfully collaborated with Federal, State and local agencies and organizations to develop and grow Montana communities which are culturally respectful, environmentally progressive and economically sustainable.
Job Title: Community Economic Development Director
Job Level: Senior
Job Opening Date: Currently Open
Job Closing Date: Until filled
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Very competitive salary, moving allowance and generous benefits based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits package includes;
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee; optional additions for family, dental and vision.
- Employer contribution to retirement savings program, life insurance, sick leave, paid holidays and vacation upon completion of 6 month probation.
> The Community and Economic Development Director is responsible for managing the organization’s community focused economic development activities including funding agreements with the U.S. Economic Development Administration’s Economic Development District (EDA) program, the State of Montana’s Certified Regional Development (CRDC) program and other related program grants and projects.
>Plans, organizes, and implements the organization’s community focused economic development programs and projects to develop and grow communities that are culturally respectful, environmentally progressive and economically sustainable.
>Provides strategy, operational oversight and hands on leadership for current and future MWCDP community focused economic development programming .
>Works independently and as part of the organization’s senior management Leadership Team. Reports to the MWCDP Executive director. Leads a team of independent economic and community development partners within our three-county region.
> Represents MWCDP and its agency funders throughout the region we serve and actively markets all of the services MWCDP provides. Directly interfaces with government leaders, funders, lenders, partners, clients, prospects and the general public.
> Writes, administers and manages business plans, grants and budgets. Administers grants, grant reports, related correspondence and procurement processes.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, community planning, public administration, finance or related field
- Passion for community and economic development
- 3+ years of directly related business experience
- 3+ years of experience writing and administering government and/or private grants
- Verbal communication skills including public speaking and group facilitation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail to produce accurate, timely and complete work product
- Strong writing , research and analytical skills
- Project management skills, initiative and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Must maintain a valid Montana driver’s license and appropriate insurance
Send letter of application and current resume to the address listed below:
Human Resources Director
The first review of applicants will occur November 30th. The position will remain open until filled.
A more detailed job description may be received by sending an email to the address provided above.