Montana Career Opportunities – Community and Economic Development Coordinator and AmeriCorps Planning Grant Coordinator – MBAC
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Montana Business Assistance Connection (MBAC) is hiring!
If you are passionate about strengthening Montana communities, workforce development and improving livability in MT? Montana Business Assistance Connection (MBAC) is hiring two new positions: Community and Economic Development Coordinator and AmeriCorps Planning Grant Coordinator.
Please see job postings below for details!
Montana Business Assistance Connection (MBAC)
Gateway Economic Development District (GEDD)
MBAC is looking for a dynamic, self-starting professional to join the Montana Business Assistance Connection (MBAC) team as a Community and Economic Development Coordinator. MBAC works to catalyze community and business projects throughout the MBAC/Gateway Region: Lewis and Clark, Broadwater and Meagher Counties including coordination activities in Jefferson County. This position creates an opportunity to work with many state and federal programs, local government entities and the expanding and exciting private sector of the region. Candidate must be able to travel within the region.
MBAC is a high performing firm that creates economic and community impact in our region. Quality job creation, job retention and capital injection into the region drives the organization, the region and the employees.
Joining the MBAC team will provide the excitement and challenges that encompasses interaction with businesses starting-up, expanding, and the attraction and relocation of businesses with the ability to Live Work and Play in rural Montana!
The position is grant funded for a full one year. The position will continue if funding allows. Full compensation package that includes, 3% match to a Simple IRA, Health insurance coverage, with a salary range of $47,000 – $53,000 depending on experience. Mileage reimbursement available. Training and education continuation is covered and promoted.
Send resume to [email protected].
Knowledge, skills and experience: Preferred: B. A. or skills based experience in public administration, business management, economics, manufacturing, engineering or related fields that stress the ability to work collectively to achieve common goals. Requirements: excellent written and verbal communication skills, excel in interpersonal interaction with clients, and be a self-starter. This vibrant position will require coordinating with staff, community members, residents, elected and appointed officials. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office products with experience in Microsoft Project and other visualization programs preferred. Candidate must show a commitment to business and community development. Valid driver’s license a requirement.
Be part of the dynamic MBAC team moving our communities forward.
Job Vacancy Announcement
AmeriCorps Planning Grant Coordinator
Position Closed when filled:
Anticipated Start Date: Early September, 2021
Location: Helena, Montana
Salary Range: $45,000 – $52,000 DOE
Benefits: Health, Life, 401K Retirement, Sick & Annual Leave
Employee Status: Full-time (40hrs/wk.) – 1-year term, beginning September, 2021 – August 2022.
Position term may be extended depending on the results of the AmeriCorps 1-year planning period.
The Montana Business Assistance Connection catalyzes community leaders, stakeholders, and opportunities driving prosperity, our economy, business vitality, high quality job growth and the enhancement of quality of life throughout the region.
MBAC has for several years worked on improving access to qualified workforce in the region including Lewis & Clark, Broadwater, Meagher and Jefferson Counties. This experience with HelenaWins and the assistance of an Economic Development Administration (EDA) sponsored AmeriCorps VISTA, and prompted MBAC to apply for and received a 2021-2022 AmeriCorps State Planning Grant.
The position funded by this planning grant will work closely with the Governor’s Office of Community Service, MBAC and Montana Economic Developers Association to investigate the creation of a state wide Economic Opportunity Corps (EOC). The EOC will work with regional Economic Development Organizations (EDO’s), Chambers of Commerce, and State of Montana programs to implement regionally appropriate workforce attraction, upskilling, and reskilling of existing residents, and career pathway development for them. The resulting program will make positive changes in the workforce in the short and long term.
The position will require extensive fact and data finding interactions to determine the viability, scope of services, expected outcomes, and funding for a potential Economic Opportunity Corps. This will involve engagement of economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, trade associations, education associations, local and state leaders, etc. The EOC planning grant coordinator will be supervised directly by MBAC’s Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with MEDA, MBAC, and existing regional workforce initiatives including HelenaWins, Billings Works, Great Falls Workforce Education Coalition and Development, and other similar initiatives.
- Work closely with the Governor’s Office of Community Service (OCS) to meet required planning grant benchmarks
- Identify program partners and service locations, including development of member and host sites
- Document and assess target audience needs and opportunities where this program can address work force and community development needs
- Define service and program structure (i.e. number of service members & length of service year, program staff roles, advisory committee, program budget, identify match, & program framework)
- Develop and identify performance measures as per AmeriCorps’ definitions (outputs, outcomes, data collection instruments)
- Develop policies and procedures for member recruitment and program management
- Develop member position descriptions in compliance with AmeriCorps
- Develop member onboarding plans and procedures (including National Service Criminal History
- Develop member training plan
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organized
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to problem solve and access resources in a complex environment
- Experience in needs assessments, program planning, and outcome measurements
- Budgeting skills
- Experience in group facilitation and event coordination.
- Previous experience working with AmeriCorps programming or other service-based organization preferred but not required
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in public administration, education, business, management, a law degree, or a comparable field and/or Experience in program development/management or program evaluation
- Grant writing or equivalent work experience
- Program development including budgeting
- Group or meeting facilitation
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
Some in-state and out-of-state overnight travel will be required for this position. The following trainings/events will be required but not limited to these:
- America’s Service Commissions AmeriCorps Boot Camps, October 2021 in Austin, Texas
- MEDA Fall and Spring Conference
- CRDC 2021 and 2022 annual meeting and review
- ServeMontana Symposium in March 2022 in Helena, MT
- National Service Regional Training in June 2022, Albuquerque, NM
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references to:
Subject line: “AmeriCorps Planning Grant Coordinator”
Position is open until filled.