- This event has passed.
Free Webinar: How to Find Contract Opportunities with Local Governments – 4/30 – 12:00PM
April 30 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
One piece of advice that PTAC counselors give to clients who are new to government contracting is to “start small.” What does that mean? Lots of things. You could start small in terms of price, quantity, time, complexity, frequency and/or geography. This webinar will focus on geography.
If you want to sell to the federal government, you could be competing with contractors from across the United States. Everyone knows where to find the opportunities. Everyone knows what the regulations are. The more informed contractors even know where to find what the federal government has paid for goods or services in the past.
If you decide to sell to states, things get a little more complex. Multiply what you need to know by up to 50.
The further down you go (to counties, municipalities, school districts, etc.), the more challenging it is to know the specifics for each. But that also creates an opportunity. If you want to focus on selling in your own backyard and you’re committed to understanding your government customers, you can have a competitive advantage over companies based elsewhere.
In this free webinar, you will learn:
– Where to find local RFPs, RFQs and IFBs (online and IRL)
– How to find opportunities before they become RFPs, RFQs and IFBs
– What opportunities exist to sell your goods or services without responding to a solicitation
– About prevalent purchasing policies
– About local vendor preferences
– About free and for-a-fee services that will alert you to new opportunities and make it easier to do market research on past purchases
– Other tips
There will be plenty of time for questions.
- April 30
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Montana Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Contact Information
- Phillip Luebke, 406-624-9518 or [email protected]
- MTUnited States+ Google Map