- This event has passed.
Energy Summit – Things to know before signing a Surface Agreement – 2/13 – Billings
This Summit has been designed for farmers and ranchers to help them understand their property rights and land reclamation options when negotiating surface agreements with oil/gas, wind, solar, or utility companies.
- Learn how to negotiate an equitable surface agreement that nets a fair financial gain for your family business, minimizes your liability, and results in a sound reclamation plan.
- Gain insights into your property rights and understand the risks and liability once a surface agreement has been executed.
- Hear the testimonies of eastern and northern Montana ag producers who formed a cooperative and hired an attorney to negotiate equitable surface agreements with the energy companies.
- Discover how to develop a detailed reclamation plan that will inventory your assets before construction and ensure that your land is reclaimed to its original nature.
- Learn who your resources are for information and problem solving. Representatives from the public-sector agencies will discuss how surface agreements work on public lands and adjoining private properties. They will also indicate what role they can play to help you secure information or solve a problem.
- February 13
- Contact Information
- Linda Brander 406.444.0520