- This event has passed.
Business Engagement Training – 6/12 – Helena
June 12 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
What: Business Engagement Training
When: Wednesday, June 12th, 2019
Time: 8:00- 5:00pm
Where: Delta Hotel – Helena, Montana
Cost: Free (Lunch on your own)
Business Engagement Training
Ken Messina is the Rapid Response/Business Engagement Manager for the Department of Career Services for the State of Massachusetts. He has 28 years of experience working in workforce development and is the designated National Rapid Response Coordinator by the US Department of Labor. As the designated Coordinator Ken travels the country training states on all aspects of business engagement and we are excited that he will be in Montana this June. Ken will be conducting an all-day, high level discussion of the following topics:
- Understanding the Business Cycle – understanding the many ups and downs that happens in business is key to help identify their needs. When should engagement with different businesses happen and what do you need know?
- How to Talk to Business – a discussion of how to approach and start up a conversation with a business. What questions to ask and how to speak the language of business. What key terms do you listen for and why it is important.
- Rapid Response – Rapid Response is a continuous process of providing services to business including referrals to workforce programs to assist with their staffing needs, connecting them with grant programs specific for business or helping businesses that are closing their doors.
- Layoff Aversion – Pro-active strategies to assist business when closing their doors or layoffs are happening. Share effective strategies such as connecting with other businesses in the area in need of employees, job sharing, and more.
- Massachusetts Resource guide – a discussion about the resource guide (MassBiz) for business that Massachusetts has developed. This guide is provided to business as a tool that lists all the different types of programs in Massachusetts that can assist a business such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, or grant funding such as the Incumbent Worker Training that will provide funding to the business to assist with the cost to upgrade their employees skills to meet the needs of the business.
Please click the link to register. In the webpage, a green register button in the center right of the page. Registration is open from today until next Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 at 6:00 p.m..
PS: If you are unable to attend Wednesday – there is limited availability for the same training Tuesday or Wednesday. Please contact Jarred Roope – at [email protected]
Please NOTE: State ITSD does not allow mass emails from third party sites, so you will probably not receive an email confirmation. If you made it through the registration to the end, then you can consider that confirmed.
Here are some hotel suggestions for your stay.
|Baymont Inn & Suites||HELENA||406-443-1000||hotel/motel|
|Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel||HELENA||406-457-5500||hotel/motel|
|Comfort Suites Airport||HELENA||406-495-0505||hotel/motel|
|Delta Helena Colonial||HELENA||406-443-2200||hotel/motel|
|Holiday Inn Express and Suites||HELENA||406-442-7500||hotel/motel|
|Jorgenson’s Inn & Suites||HELENA||406-442-1770||hotel/motel|
|La Quinta Inn & Suites||HELENA||406-449-4000||hotel/motel|
|Radisson Colonial Hotel – Helena||HELENA||406-443-2100||hotel/motel|
|Residence Inn by Marriott||HELENA||406-443-8010||hotel/motel|
|Wingate by Wyndham||HELENA||406-449-3000||hotel/motel|