|MATR Newsletter - Tue Aug 20, 2013|
This MATR newsletter sponsored by:
Add an event...
MATR Web services provided by:
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page
Measurement is fabulous. Unless you're busy measuring what's easy to measure as opposed to what's important.
All Are Invited: Montana Technology Connection, 8/21, Helena, Montana http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html
Montana Department of Commerce
Parsec Data Management
- Montana Department of Commerce Tourism Industry News
National Geographic's Digital Nomad Falls in Love With Montana
Montana Economic Development Summit - 9-16/17, Butte, Montana
- All Are Invited: Montana Technology Connection, 8/21, Helena, Montana
Find out how Montana Technology Providers are driving business growth and what it means for the prosperity of the state and your business. Learn more about how local providers have become the leaders in the country in technology services and what you need to know to insure your business success.
Next Generation Broadband in Missoula
- Senator Baucus Unveils New "Montana Jobs Summit" Mobile App
"Our jobs summits have a proven track record of turning handshakes into Montana jobs. The new Montana Jobs Summit app will help improve communication during the summit while building the connections needed to support jobs for the long haul," Baucus said.
Visit Montana - Montana Dept. of Tourism
- Jacksonville's Gigabyte Network Yields $200,000 in Savings
"The mayor is highly focused on collaboration, innovation and technology. He has a very strong vision for the city in terms of how we function together and how we can be as consolidated as possible."
Great Falls Development Authority
- Montana road trip: The scenic route
The beauty of Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks outstrips my command of adjectives.
- GFDA Top Eleven 8-18-13
This coming week's Start-up Spark! for anyone interested in starting a new business is Wednesday, August 21st at noon at GFDA, 300 Central Avenue, 4th floor.
Come Home Montana
- How Telecom Companies Can Improve Their Results With Big Data
Those telecom companies that are able to use these vast amounts of data efficiently will outperform their peers, grow their market share and improve their bottom line results.
- Social scientists find story in data to attract more customers
Social scientists say that tech companies are showing an increased interest in their skills, especially with the rising importance of social networking and big data, and that their roles within those companies are changing.
- Project Management Institute - "Business Intelligence with Inteneo Systems - Missoula - Oct Meeting, 10/14, Missoula, MT
How can Big Data/Business Intelligence improve a project management process?
Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Montana Talent Available - Senior Claims Adjuster, Workers' Compensation
With the vision to see forward and the ability to understand different points of view I work well within a team environment but also independently, requiring little or no supervision.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Applications Developer - Arrow Solutions Group
Arrows Solutions Group is seeking a contract developer. This person can work remotely, but will occasionally need to be present for on-site meetings in Missoula or Bozeman, MT. Our client is seeking an Application Developer with experience in VB6 and also long-term road mapping of software tools.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Director of Prospect Research - University of Montana Foundation
Experience and/or education at the master's degree level in the use of data-driven tools and analytic methods in Prospect Research
- Montana Career Opportunity - Director, Human Resources and Policy Administration - The University of Montana Foundation
The director ensures that all UMF policies are complete, current, and accessible and serves as advisor to UMF leadership and staff in recruiting, recognizing, and retaining highly effective staff.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Senior Director of Annual Giving - The University of Montana Foundation
This position is responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to build the base of individual donors and increase the level of support through annual giving at the University of Montana.
- Montana Career Opportunity - UI Designer - Submittable
We're looking for a world-class designer to help create the future of digital curation.
- The Only Startups That Matter to Job Creation
Some of the most dynamic cities for high-tech company formation include Missoula, Montana, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- It's Not That Complicated - 7 Simple Truths For Leadership Success
Much of what constitutes leadership success comes down to common sense, but unfortunately it's not common practice.
- Multiple intelligences for ethical leadership
What are some emotionally intelligent checks and balances that leaders can employ to lower their risk for unethical behavior?
- Kickstarter Funded "Market on Front" opens TODAY at street level of downtown Missoula parking garage
"It was really a community-backed process," Sokoloski said. "I want this to be the market the community built."
Regional Economic Development
- Idaho Business Review recognizes fiscal professionals in newly launched program
This year's seven banking honorees have not only established their financial institutions as solid businesses, but also have worked to provide capital to the community where it's needed the most.
- The Treasure Valley is good for the call center industry. But is the industry good for the Valley?
Call centers are attracted by Idaho's cheap workforce
- New Global Conference for Tech Startups "Startup Phenomenon" Lands in Unexpected U.S. City
In a three day conference starting November 13, Startup Phenomenon attendees will discuss alternative funding models, potential collaboration between governments and private businesses and the role of incubators and accelerators in driving entrepreneurship.
- Top Trends in State Economic Development
Cluster-based economic development strategies emphasize focusing services on geographically concentrated firms in related industries that share needs for common talent, technology, and infrastructure.
21st Century Education Initiative - "You Should Care..."
- Governors want more control over workforce development funds
Governors want more administrative control over programs funded through the Workforce Investment Act, now before Congress for an overhaul.
- "The Heart of the Matter" The Humanities and Social Sciences for a vibrant, competitive, and secure nation
At the very moment when China and some European nations are seeking to repli - cate our model of broad education in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences--as a stimulus to innovation and a source of social cohesion--we are instead narrowing our focus and abandoning our sense of what education has been and should continue to be--our sense of what makes America great.
Montana Education Excellence
- Bringing a Performance Culture to Massachusetts' Community Colleges
I have long advocated that both K-12 education and four-year college programs be liberal-arts-based. But community colleges are the appropriate niche for tailoring programs for workforce needs.
- Searching for a fresh start: UM overhauling image after scandal, drop in enrollment
"The quality of the education we provide at the university remains strong. The quality of education and experience remains strong," UM President Royce Engstrom said. "Undeniably, we've had some issues these past couple of years."
- Montana joining college graduation initiative
Bullock said higher college graduation will make Montana more competitive and increase wages while strengthening the economy.
- Support College of Business Students by Participating in October 4 Golf Tournament
The profits from this tournament will be used to fund student enhancement programs and scholarships.
Funding and Building your Business
- Towns Try to Take Back Privately Owned Water Systems
Water fights are simmering in small towns across the country this summer, as rate increases irk residents and spur local governments to try to take over privately owned water systems.
Energy and Climate Change
- Just How 'At Will' Is At-Will Employment?
Can you, as an employer, fire your employee for literally any reason under the sun and face no repercussions for doing so?
- 8 Keys to Entrepreneurs Who Can Make New Markets
The ultimate compliment that any entrepreneur can get is that they can "see around corners."
- 7 Steps to Productive Business Use of Social Media
The first thing that entrepreneurs need to realize is that the process and framework for making social media marketing work are different from traditional marketing, and trial and error certainly doesn't work.
- Nordstrom App Alerts Staff to In-Store Customer Profiles
Nordstrom Inc. is testing mobile technology that sends salespeople the profiles of customers as they enter a store location, James Nordstrom, president of the company's online division, told CIO Journal.
- The modern approach to business planning
Most plans stay on a network for easy access, and exist on a network in digital form, rather than on paper. Printouts are obsolete.
- Why are Good Business Plans So Rare These Days?
Every investor I know is frustrated with the poor quality of the business plans they get.
The Creative and Cultural Economy
- Some power companies seek to disrupt the standard business model
Customized plans are most prevalent in the 13 states and Washington, D.C., where regulators have allowed companies to compete to sell electricity, but they are also popping up in other states.
- Exhibits of Montana art sought for Zoot Enterprises gallery
All work sold through the gallery is commission-free. Underwriting is provided for artists' opening receptions.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page