|MATR Newsletter - Tue Aug 31, 2010|
This MATR newsletter sponsored by:
Add an event...
MATR Web services provided by:
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page
Choice - Not Chance, Determines Your Destiny... What Will You Choose?
Great career opportunities at Plum Creek - "Montana Career Opportunity - Senior IT Manager, Infrastructure - Plum Creek" http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html --- "City Club Missoula Special Opening Forum Presents: Congresswoman Pat Schroeder, 9/10, Missoula" http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html
Montana Department of Commerce
- EverLog™ Systems Newsletter
Teton Village in Jackson Hole, Wyoming recently used EverLogsï¿½ and EverLogï¿½ Siding to build a combination Rest Station and Bus Stop. The owners desired a functional and worry free building able to withstand heavy year round usage. EverLogï¿½ Systems was able to provide exactly what they needed.
Globalization Partners International
- Downtown Development & Historic Preservation: Early Registration for Montana Downtown Forum Ends August 31
Registration for the Montana Downtown Forum, Montana's most comprehensive downtown development and historic preservation conference, closes Tuesday, Aug. 31. The conference will take place in Missoula, Sept. 15-17 at the Holiday Inn - Downtown at the Park.
City Club Missoula
- How your company can launch a multilingual website. Globalization Partners International
Web content management software systems developed to support multilingual websites have emerged as a must solution for managing sites destined for different languages.
- Should a Start-up Focus on Going Global Right Away?
Globalization needs to be part of the tool set for every entrepreneur doing a start-up today.
Hellgate Venture Network
- City Club Missoula Special Opening Forum Presents: Congresswoman Pat Schroeder, 9/10, Missoula
Please note that the Friday, Sept. 10, date is a change from the regular CCM Monday time. Forums will resume in October on the regular schedule of the second Monday of each month.
- Hellgate Venture Network - Real Or Virtual Incubators?, 9/16, Missoula, Montana
Join us for an insightful discussion about whether Missoula should have a virtual or real incubator.
Come Home Montana
- When is the right time to start a business?
Failing fast means putting everything into it, moving fast and trying to ask and answer the critical questions that lead to a long term business with strong ROI potential.
- Thanks to those who are supporting MATR through their advertising. Could your company or organization benefit from increased visibility?
We'd like to thank the companies and organizations who advertise on MATR. Please consider becoming an advertiser to the growing MATR community.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Executive Director - PhillCo Economic Growth Council, Inc.
Contact Northeast Montana Job Service for a complete job description and application process or stop by MSU Extension for a copy.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Senior IT Manager, Infrastructure - Plum Creek
We currently have other IT opportunities within our Columbia Falls, Montana office. These positions include: IT Customer Services Manager, Technical Support Analyst, Application Support Coordinator, Server Administrator, and Network Analyst.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Development & Operations Officer - McLaughlin Research Institute
McLaughlin Research Institute, a small, independent non-profit research organization, is seeking a talented individual for an executive leadership position.
- 6th Annual Montana Business Open Photos - A Great Success!
The 6th Annual Montana Ambassador Business Open was a great success. Under lots of sunshine, 21 teams enjoyed great networking and great golf.
- Cash for Clean Tech Infrastructure
The real value of the stimulus spending has always been in its potential to compensate for years of declining investment in energy R&D and to jump-start commercial use of cleaner energy technologies despite that long decline.
Montana Economic Development
- Adventure Life Makes Inc.’s List of Most Entrepreneurial and Fastest Growing Companies in America
Adventure Life http://www.adventure-life.com , a Missoula, MT based adventure travel company that provides small-group tours in Latin America and small-ship cruises throughout the world, has been named to the prestigious Inc. 5000 list of the most entrepreneurial and fastest growing companies in America.
- Montana companies Stoltze Lumber and Algae Aqua Culture Technologies develop alternative energy project with $350,000 grant
The alternative energy project utilizing algae, wood chips and methane gas will produce organic fertilizer and run equipment at the sawmill.
- Sen. Baucus Announces Prominent Wind Energy Leaders To Participate In His Montana Jobs Summit in Butte
Industry Experts to Connect with Montana Businesses at Economic Development Summit
- 50 Park City, Utah City Hall Officials to visit Bozeman, Livingston, Virginia City and the mountain resort of Big Sky, Sept. 8-12.
People who have been on City Tours argue that the outings are worthwhile expenses since they allow them to learn about the inner working of places that are seen as facing issues familiar to Parkites. Growth, resort-based economic issues, the environment and transit are common topics that are explored during discussions in the other communities.
- Private sector now leading Missoula's economic growth initiative - "Best Place Project"
As of last week, Engen's Best Place Project http://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/index.aspx?nid=1004 is no longer being directed by city government - it's now in the hands of the private sector.
Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Bill Payne To Teach Angel Investing Course in Missoula, 9/17
With new studies showing that all net new jobs come from new companies less than five years old, the Montana Angel Network will redouble its efforts to cultivate, educate and support a network of early stage capital for Montana entrepreneurs who intend to scale a business.
- When to Use Your Business Plan
Here are the versions of business plans that entrepreneurs need to have available:
Funding and Building your Business
- Minnesota angel investment tax credit off to a strong start
The state Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) has awarded $573,000 in tax credits during the first full month of Minnesotaï¿½s shiny new angel investment tax program.
Montana Education Excellence
- Using interns for business can be a valuable experience if done right
If you think an internship program is an easy source of free labor, you would be both right and wrong.
- Tax Credit Could Reduce Employers' Cost To Provide Health Care Insurance
ï¿½For employers wanting to reduce the cost of providing health insurance, the tax credit should ease the burden somewhat,ï¿½ said Gregg Davis, director of health care industry research at The University of Montanaï¿½s Bureau of Business and Economic Research.
- Free Webinar On New Employment Housing And Access To Government Services ADA Rules, 9/2
Updated regulations and standards for Title II and Title III of the ADA regulations relating to employment, housing and access to public facilities and government services.
- Two New Rules for Raising Early Stage Capital
Every consumer internet company needs:
- Maintaining funding for University of Montana priority, Dennison says
Securing state money to maintain current funding levels is at the top of the priority list when the 2011 Legislature convenes in January, he said. Yet it doesn't appear the Legislature will have too much more to offer.
- Manufacturing: The Misunderstood Industry
For our present and future economic well being, the U.S. needs to maintain and expand its strong manufacturing base. Of course, accomplishing these is easier said than done.
North Dakota Business and Economic Development
- UConn Bets On Tech Transfer
The end goal is for the school to commercialize more of its research ï¿½ that is take ideas out of the lab and turn them into marketable products, services or therapeutic treatments.
- New job program provides incentives to primary-sector businesses looking to relocate to the state and create new jobs.
The program, called the North Dakota New Jobs Training Program, provides funding to offset the cost of workforce training for companies creating new jobs.
Washington State Business
- Governor's Council of Economic Advisors say State needs to reform or repeal kicker law
"It's increasingly clear that the kicker makes no sense whatsoever," said council Chairman Joe Cortright, president and principal economist at Impresa Inc. "It's something we should get rid of."
2011 Montana Legislature
- Washington state tries to lure China investors
Washington state is making a major push to attract Chinese investment, a sign of how the world economy has shifted from a decade ago, when the state's efforts were mainly directed at helping local companies do business in China.
- Energy Committee to Finalize Potential Legislation for 2011, 9/10, Helena
The public is welcome to attend and will have a chance to comment on the committee's work.
Energy and Climate Change
- Who's 'Really Ready' for college? Retired Marquette dean gives advice
"Many students enter college clueless about the level of work required of them," says Robert Neuman, who shares strategies to help middle...
- Sen. Baucus and Sen. Tester Announce Boost to Weatherization Program in Montana
Senators Applaud Job Creating, Energy Saving Program for Low Income Families
- Dash of oregano curbs cow burps a major source of greenhouse gases.
An oregano-based supplement appears to decrease cow belches, a major source of greenhouse gases.
- Use of Idaho's geothermal resources on the rise
U.S. Geothermal Inc., an energy developer, is operating a 10-megawatt plant in Malta in southern Idaho and hopes to have another electricity facility just over the Oregon border up and running by 2012.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page