|MATR Newsletter - Tue Aug 11, 2015|
This MATR newsletter sponsored by:
Add an event...
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page
"The best defense against bulls&%t is vigilance. So if you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart
Hope you get a chance to drive the new Tesla S's in Montana this week The Tesla Model S (0 to 60 mph in as little as 2.8 seconds) Tour is coming to Montana and Idaho 8/11-20 - Schedule your Test Drive Now http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html --- (GYRES) - The Greater Yellowstone Region Entrepreneurship And SBIR/STTR Summit, 8/17-18, Bozeman, Montana http://www.matr.net/ev ... =5536
Montana Department of Commerce
Visit Montana - Montana Dept. of Tourism
- **REMINDER** FY 2016 Montana Main Street Grant Application Cycle Update
The Montana Main Street Program awards grant funding to member communities on a competitive basis and as funding allows.
Come Home Montana
- Remote vacation ranch K Bar L keeps true to Montana roots
There is no quick run to the grocery store if you forgot something.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Assembly & Manufacturing Technician, Director of Advanced Polymeric Materials R&D and Product Development, Director of International Marketing & Business Development, Sales Engineer and more... - Resodyn
Resodyn Corporation is a high-tech company located in Butte, the heart of beautiful Southwest Montana.
- Montana Career Opportunities: Database Analyst, Director of Academic Technologies, Public Relations Manager and more... - University of Montana Western
Montana Western is a small (1,399 FTE) public institution with baccalaureate degrees in elementary and secondary education as well as liberal arts degrees with a variety of interdisciplinary emphases.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Microsoft Systems Administrator, IT Resource and Tester, EDI Operations Analyst and more.. - Arrow Solutions Group
At Arrow Solutions Group our staff has over 45 years of combined training and experience in some of the most competitive markets in the world.
- Montana Career Opportunities - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECH 1, CUSTOMER CARE CONSULTANT, NETWORK EQUIPMENT ENGINEER, MARKETING MANAGER and more... - Blackfoot Telecommunications Group
Thank you for your interest in pursuing employment at Blackfoot Telecommunications Group.
- Montana Career Opportunities - .NET Web Developer, Software Developer - Tempest Technologies, LLC
Since 1999, Tempest Technologies, LLC has provided web design and development, network support and security, and high-definition video production services.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Information Security Administrator, Tax Manager - Washington Corporations
Enjoy working for a successful organization that cares about and values its employees.
- Montana Career Opportunity - .NET Lead Developer - Foundant Technologies
What makes Foundant GLM the most recommended online grants management solution today? Honest, lasting relationships - with no games, just your success.
- How to make a good business leader
As dean of Duke University's Fuqua School of Business, Bill Boulding spends much of his time thinking about how to shape the ideal next-generation business leader.
TEDx Events in Montana
- Introducing Glo European Windows and Doors
Founded in Missoula, Montana in January 2015, Glo windows currently delivers custom made windows and doors throughout the United States and has active projects in Illinois, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
- The Manufacturing Consortium of Montana (MCMT) has funding to help your business
Do you have a new product that you need assistance with? Would investment in additional equipment take you r manufacturing company to the next level? Do you need technical assistance/input? Does your product require additional research and development or proof - of - concept testing ?
- Legal Options for those Investors Suffering Losses with Missoula, MT Stockbroker Barry G. Hartman and/or in Invizeon Corporation
If you have suffered losses investing with Missoula, Montana Stockbroker Barry G. Hartman or in Invizeon Corporation, you may be able to recover your investment losses through FINRA arbitration.
- The Washington Companies
The Washington Companies bring equipment and a history of professional service to connect our customers with their needs and help them reach their goals.
- Charlie Rose on CBS 60 Minutes - Meet the man who created TED in 1984
Charlie Rose interviews Richard Saul Wurman, who doesn't always agree with how TED has changed since he sold it
- 10 Career Lessons You Should Learn By Your 30s
These tough situations often happen as you're building your career in your 20s. Expert advice on the hidden lessons in these setbacks.
- Resume and interview tips for older job hunters
If the last time you updated your résumé was on a typewriter, there are a few things you really need to know to be ready to sell yourself in today's market.
- Steve Jobs Asked Himself One Question Every Day. You Should Too
You can move closer to your ideal work and life. Here's how.
- 9 Powerful Phrases Super Positive People Always Say
Positive people see the good in others and give them the benefit of the doubt. Why not be super positive?
- Are Governments 'Paying for Failure' With Social Impact Bonds?
"I don't get this at all," said Maine independent Sen. Angus King, squinting with disbelief. "I think this is an admission that government isn't doing what it's supposed to do. This strikes me as a fancy way of contracting out."
- Better City-Making Means Breaking Down Silos--Here's How
Many municipal leaders, seeking to fix the problem and create a shared definition of success, like to quote the famous NASA metaphor (full disclosure--I've used it many times): the story of the NASA janitor being asked by President Kennedy what their job was, and the janitor giving the answer "I'm helping to put a man on the moon."
- Cities Missing Opportunities to Retrofit Existing Buildings
Mayors intent of transforming their municipalities into smart cities might want to hold off on the sensors and computerized nerve centers.
Incubators and R&D
- McCall, Idaho voters to decide on raising minimum wage
Increasing the minimum wage would mean less worker turnover, less training, more loyalty and more productivity from workers, according to backers of the initiative.
- 'Science' publishes Hamilton virologist Dr. Andrea Marzi's paper on Ebola vaccine
The paper said after receiving one dose of the vaccine, macaque monkeys were protected against the Ebola virus within seven days.
- University of Montana chemist, inventor Michael DeGrandpre talks about path to the XPRIZE - Sunburst Sensors
"My career is centered around those instruments, so it's a benefit to Sunburst, but it's a benefit to my lab, to me, to UM," DeGrandpre said.
21st Century Education Initiative - "You Should Care..."
- Verizon ditches annual cellphone contracts
Carrier to offer new monthly options
- Google creates new company Alphabet, names new CEO
Google will be "slimmed down," excluding companies that are not part of its core Internet business.
American Prairie Reserve
- Teach to Lead Summits
We're hosting regional summits to put teacher leadership ideas into action! Visit our summits page to learn how to get involved.
- 8 things every teacher can do to create an innovative classroom
Innovation can't be tested or graded -- but it can be built up
- New York High Schoolers Trade Skyscrapers for Montana's American Prairie Reserve
"This is the most interesting place in America besides Disney World," Tenzin said as he examined a burrowing owl feather pulled from blades of western wheatgrass. "Though they're exact opposites."
Missoula Schools Excellence
- Teacher Shortages Spur a Nationwide Hiring Scramble (Credentials Optional)
Across the country, districts are struggling with shortages of teachers, particularly in math, science and special education -- a result of the layoffs of the recession years combined with an improving economy in which fewer people are training to be teachers.
Montana Education Excellence
- Party For Missoula's Schools And Kids, 8/18, Missoula
The High Schools and Elementary Schools Bonds are vital for our schools, our kids, our community and our future. If you can't make the party but want to help, please consider making a campaign contribution online and endorsing the bond effort. Thank you!
Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- It is time for Montana to invest in school infrastructure
What happens if the bond doesn't pass again? "Nothing," Jensen said. The story is similar in school districts across Montana.
- Bozeman schools to ask voters for $21 million
"The community supports us, we try to be extremely transparent, showing proof (of the need) and all these kids coming in," Tage said. "It would be heart-breaking if these didn't pass."
Funding and Building your Business
- MSU's College of Engineering seeks businesses, individuals to sponsor student capstone projects
"Sponsors have an opportunity to help train the next generation of engineers while addressing a real-world issue," said Robb Larson, associate professor of mechanical and industrial engineering.
- MSUB students getting more, better-paid internships
Over the past few years, the university has seen the number of its students completing internships, the number of businesses taking on interns and the number of paid internships grow.
Energy and Climate Change
- How Arby's came to embrace Jon Stewart's jabs -- and even create a sandwich in his honor
"It's like shock and awe for your bowels," Stewart declared back in June. He's also called it "the meal that's a dare for your colon" and "the only food classified as a war crime."
- At this tech event, big companies get a taste of life as a start-up
This time, the ones doing the pitching were executives from large companies such as Comcast, Samsung and Time Inc.
- Harness the Power of Your Marketing Data Sep. 17-18, at the University of Montana
Do you seek greater insights from the data in your organization?
- Jon Stewart's Last 'Daily Show': 10 Leadership Lessons
Jon Stewart left "The Daily Show" in a way that exemplifies the kind of leader he has been for 16 years. Here are 10 lessons that any leader can learn from his example.
- Batteries that Store Sun's Energy Commonplace in 5 Years?
“Within five years, around that time frame, every solar system we deploy will have a storage system tied to it.”
- Tesla Model 3 ($35K) prototypes: hiding in plain sight?
Tesla Motors says it will unveil the 200-mile, $35,000 Model 3 electric car next year, ahead of a production start presently scheduled for 2017.
- As Bozeman airport grows, Billings fights to keep up
"We're the conduit to success. When an airline comes in here, I want them to be successful. It's no secret that if you don't have good air service, it's really hard to grow your community."
- Missoula air service poised to soar
All these activities point the way to more affordable and accessible air travel for residents, visitors and business travelers - a direction that is sure to give Missoula's economy a lift.
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page