|MATR Newsletter - Tue Feb 17, 2015|
This MATR newsletter sponsored by:
Add an event...
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page
“It only takes one ‘yes’ to change a life. Be realistic, but demand the impossible.” MAPS founder Peter Rosten http://www.matr.net/ar ... .html
2014 Montana Politics & 2015 Legislature
- Setting the Record Straight on Health Insurance in Montana
The 2015 Legislature has the opportunity to improve the health of thousands of Montanans by providing health insurance to low-income individuals who cannot afford private coverage. However, misconceptions regarding access to and the quality of care for beneficiaries of the state's Medicaid program threaten to derail any progress toward meaningful expansion of coverage.
- Montana's Republican legislators ground governor's plane
In response, Bullock budget director Dan Villa said later, "We have a governor representing 147,000 square miles and doing that in a car?"
Montana Department of Commerce
- 99 Daily Habits For Entrepreneurs
"I think Mondays are the most important day of the week, so I rarely schedule meetings then because I don't want the interruption. I try to work 12 hours or more removing all the to-dos from my list and spend the rest of the week on what's most important for the company or moneymaking activities. If Monday goes well, the rest of the week is a breeze. It's my favorite day of the week. I loathe the "it's Monday" attitude."
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Superior Meats Growing, Creating New Jobs in Superior, Montana
"When businesses in communities are able to grow and expand, the greater community benefits through job creation and increased business activity," Bullock said of the award. "These funds will help support economic growth in the community, create jobs, and support the success of a Main Street Montana business."
- Montana Department of Commerce - Business Resources Division
We offer key finance, technical, and information assistance for private business, local and regional development corporations, and local communities aimed at improving, enhancing and diversifying Montana's economy.
- Dorsey & Whitney Again Ranks Among Top Firms for Mergers and Acquisitions in 2014
"Being among the top law firms in M&A for more than 20 years is a tribute to Dorsey's firm-wide strength and depth as a trusted M&A advisor" noted Samuel P. Gardiner, who co-chairs the M&A group with Mr. Knopf. "It is gratifying that so many of our clients regularly entrust us with their most important transactions."
- Social Media Expert Coming To Missoula: Thinking BIG With Social Media-- With DK , 3/4, Missoula
This event is for a wide range of individuals, small businesses and larger companies and will provide a broad overview of cross sector social media uses plus a masterclass to illustrate the potential. You will leave inspired and wanting to explore the myriad of opportunities available.
- Montana Ambassadors Annual Conference (All Are Invited To Attend) March 19 -20; Helena
Learn BRAVE leadership skills from the amazing George Bradt, be inspired by presentations from our 2014 Award Winners, and hear how success was accomplished by a panelist of key Montana entrepreneurs.
Visit Montana - Montana Dept. of Tourism
- PrintingForLess Referral Program
Sign up now to receive your referral code. When you share your code with friends, they get $40 off their first order and you get a $100 print credit.
Great Falls Development Authority
- Montana Tourism Award Nominations Are Now Open! - Join Us in Helena March 22-24.
Winners will be announced, Academy Awards style, during the Monday-night banquet at the Governor's Conference on Tourism and Recreation at the Colonial Hotel - Red Lion in Helena, March 22-24.
- G is for Great Falls: City shakes off decades of dust and powers forward
It's still where what is arguably the shortest river on Earth empties into the longest river in North America, and the place that produced one of Montana's most revered athletes, one of America's greatest Western artists, and one of the world's finest statesmen.
- Lunch & Learn: How To Tap Into NIH SBIR Grants To Fund Your R&D, 02/18, Bozeman
In this free session, you'll learn how you can qualify for hundreds of thousands of dollars of federal funding that does not have to be matched or repaid.
Come Home Montana
- Data Analysis Tools are Becoming Essential in Education Success
Universities and Colleges are increasingly moving to data-driven models for decision making.
Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Montana Career Opportunities - Senior Software Developer, Computer Science Intern, Marketing Director and more... - Printing For Less
At PFL, we want our employees to make a good living and make living good.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Full Stack Developer - Fidano
Develop multi-tiered application components for front end (UI/UX) and back end (data/integration).
- Montana Career Opportunities - Corporate Administrator, Solutions Developer, Senior Web/Mobile Developer and more... - Zoot
Zoot provides software to the largest and most innovative financial companies worldwide including; banks, retailers, auto manufacturers, and Internet payment providers.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Senior .Net Developer - Remote, ASP.Net/MVC Developer - Remote, Data Warehouse Engineer and more... - Arrow Solutions Group
Arrow Solutions Group (ASG) connects IT professionals with companies in Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, North & South Dakota.
- Montana Career Opportunities - Data Network Engineer, Human Resources and Payroll Assistant, Sales Support Admin - Blackfoot Telecommunications
Blackfoot connects Montana businesses and residences to advanced voice, data and IT services. Blackfoot maintains a focus on expert, locally-based customer support.
- Montana Career Opportunity - Lead Full Stack ASP.net/MVC E-Commerce Developer - SuperHeroStuff
This position is the most senior technology role in our company.
- Pam Haxby-Cote named Montana Ambassador of the Year
"As governor, I have three guiding principles for our state to strive for," Bullock said. "Better jobs, better education and a more effective government. The Montana Ambassadors embody these principles."
Montana Economic Development
- Mountain Water website addresses condemnation battle in Missoula
"The city claims we're not putting money into infrastructure -- we provide information on the kinds of investments we are making into upgrading the infrastructure. There are a lot of different claims out there that we are trying to address," said Mountain Water President John Kappes.
- Valentine's day big business at historic Sweet Palace in Philipsburg, Montana
"Instead of being at the last two or three days, we've been mailing for valentines day all over the country for the last two weeks."
- Creative marketing: Artists statewide sing praises of Montana Artrepreneur Program
Montana Artrepreneur Program artists say the program is like a college business class in how to market their art.
TEDx Events in Montana
- Economist: Kalispell Grows as Regional Center
Nonresident visitation is now the largest industry in the Flathead Valley, reflecting the stature of one of Montana's top tourist destinations.
- Bonner Mill Site Growing & Attracting New Business
Growth, new jobs, and new business-- that's just in the first three years.
- Today's TED Talk Guy Winch: The case for emotional hygiene
Why don't we see a health professional when we feel emotional pain?
Business Plan Forums
- How to say thanks after job interview Snail mail or emal?
The most important thing to remember is that all thank-you e-mails need to make three main points:
- Missoula team's wood waste project wins $25,000 award in the second Barrett Foundation Business Concept Challenge.
About one quarter of all the wood cut on a logging project gets left in the woods. Stephen Jenkins thinks he has a way to make money off those leftovers.
- The Taboo Subject of Effectiveness in Government
We ought to be able to set aside our views about politics and labor for long enough to figure this out.
- Idaho public schools told that Idaho Education Network will go dark Sunday
Idaho lawmakers urge trustees to seek their own broadband.
MAPS : Media Arts in the Public Schools
- "Invent You at the U" Program aims to create next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs
Invent You at the U is a program designed to provide young aspiring college students-to-be with educational experiences that challenge their ability to think critically and develop problem-solving skills that can be applied to real-world situations.
- Valley Tech nurtures curiosity at STEM camps for kids
"If they taught this in school, I'd be listening more," Adams Elementary School student Logan Sloane said.
Missoula Schools Excellence
- Retirees Find Meaning Serving the Needs of Their Communities - Peter Rosten and Media Arts in the Public Schools in Montana
"Similar to the rest of the country, some Montana kids come from challenging, heartbreaking environments," Mr. Rosten said. "We help them find their voice so they can personally experience success and know how to achieve it in the future."
Montana Education Excellence
- The Missoula High School Robotics Team Builds Robot for Regional Competition
This year's Missoula Robotics Team is made up of 30 high school students from three high schools in Missoula as well as 8 adult mentors.
- Flathead Valley Community College Introduces New Technology to Improve Online Learning
Distinguished colleges and universities across the country, including Notre Dame, Columbia, Stamford and now Flathead Valley Community College, are adopting a new technology called Lightboard that is improving online learning.
- "We Are Montana in the Classroom" - University of Montana Launches New Initiative to Inspire K-12 Students about Higher Education
With funding from the Jane S. Heman Foundation, We Are Montana in the Classroom invited local teachers, principals and guidance counselors to nominate talented and motivated students to join the TEDxUMontana program.
- Montana universities' controversial 'performance' money may double
“We’re looking at it with a magnifying lens. What are the stumbling blocks? Why don’t some come back?” Mokwa said. “We recognize we could do better.”
- University of Montana could face $2.3M to $10M budget shortfall in 2016
Reid says the numbers could change as enrollment becomes clearer and depending on what the Montana Legislature does.
- Missoula-area schools take top honors at robotics competition
"You're learning the basic concepts in a game-like way, so it's fun. And they're learning life skills that you might not get other places."
Energy and Climate Change
- Bring Hometown Humanities To Your Montana Community
Representatives from any Montana community with a population under 20,000 may apply.
Cool Stuff That's Coming
- New York Offering $40 Million to Encourage 'Microgrids'
New York is putting up $40 million for a statewide competition to encourage the development of small, independent power grids that would help key neighborhoods keep the lights on during a severe storm.
- The Internet of Anything: The System That Pays You to Use Less Electricity
The process is simple.
- This Wireless Explosives Detector Is the Size of a Postage Stamp
In effect, it could replace gigantic explosive scanners with something a couple inches across.
- 5 Parking Innovations Every City Should Adopt
From pay-by-plate kiosks to pollution surcharges to length-based fees.
- Apple Making a Car Isn't as Ridiculous as You Think
"Who better to figure out how to make this work than a device company?"
To subscribe or unsubscribe from the free weekly MATR newsletter, please visit our list info page